AgBiome aims to be the most successful agricultural innovator ever. We measure this goal in three ways:
These are our cultural chromosomes:
- Self Management
- Excellence in All Things
- Personal and Professional Development
- It’s the Company that’s the competitive unit, not the individual; and we foster TRUST through good relationships, communication & treating people like adults. We put a high value on teamwork, and understand that our success requires it.
- Our non-hierarchical & participatory culture is integral to our success. We do not have a fixed organizational structure or traditional supervisory relationships. We self-assemble around problems to be solved. We function within a set of formal processes that we continuously refine. We have open meetings and share data transparently. Employee-led committees run every one of our functions, including compensation, job performance, benefits, business development and finance. Experts advise on decisions. The people best-placed to make a decision are expected to do so. They are also expected to consult with anyone whom their decision affects and pay special attention to advice from experienced colleagues.
- Hiring is the most important thing we do. We interview qualified candidates who have passed extensive reference checks. Multiple interviews have the sole purpose of judging whether a job candidate is likely to thrive within our culture.
- We don’t do individual performance evaluations. We also don’t provide individual bonus compensation tied to achievement of individual objectives. Although evaluation and compensation schemes of this type can be effective for jobs comprised of performing relatively simple tasks, we believe they are counterproductive for people engaged in highly complex tasks with uncertain outcomes.
- We believe that conflict is a natural part of any dynamic work environment. Addressing and resolving conflicts transparently leads to better relationships, better processes, and better outcomes.
- We provide extensive training opportunities for our employees, and support nearly any reasonable request to increase individual knowledge or capabilities that support the company’s goals.
- We have, and strongly value, both cutting-edge science and a cutting-edge culture.