Ah, Bioinformatics. We at AgBiome are excited to offer a position in this ever-changing field. If you love gazing at biological sequences more than gazing at actual biological tissue, this might be the job for you. We are looking for yet another trustworthy genius with a sense of humor to join the team here in RTP. You truly must enjoy thinking about, talking about, looking at, and generally fussing over DNA and protein sequences, and you should be able to do so with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills really are essential for this job.
Candidates must have:
- A positive, can-do attitude and a strong desire to be part of a successful team of bright, capable colleagues
- Practical experience with DNA and protein sequence analysis
- Comfort and experience with bioinformatics tools and techniques (genome assembly, multiple sequence alignment, primer design especially)
- Basic programming/scripting knowledge
- MS in biological sciences or bioinformatics, or BS and appropriate experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Some lab experience in molecular biology is very helpful
- Experience with SQL database management, web design, or other IT skills
Job Description: Do you have a green thumb under the hood? You know what it takes to make lots of transgenic plants? We are looking for an exceptional scientist to join our team and establish plant transformation at AgBiome. Your hard-won experience with soy and corn transformation will make you a great addition to our team. If you are curious, self-motivated, friendly, creative, very organized, and ready to finally feel what it’s like to make a real impact in the agricultural biotech industry, you are the applicant we want.
Skills and Qualifications:
-MS or Ph.D. with several years of successful work making transgenic plants
-Knowledge of a variety of methods and crops
-Demonstrated ability to implement and refine plant transformation protocols
-Proven success establishing a plant transformation facility (or a strong desire to do so)