Do you want to be part of a truly revolutionary effort to understand and apply plant microbiomes to improve agriculture and help feed the world? AgBiome, a biotech located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, is looking for scientific leaders to help us carry out discovery of biologicals and traits on a scale never before attempted. We are growing scientific, business, and cultural systems to reach our aim of being the most successful agricultural innovator ever. AgBiome’s organization is based on shared commitment and coupling responsibility to expertise, creating a flexible, collaborative environment for a uniquely productive and enjoyable work experience. Our culture looks and feels casual but is built on scientific rigor and well-elaborated processes.
We are always looking for people who will not only thrive but will help the company excel. We encourage and reward flexibility and enthusiasm for learning new roles. We interview only highly qualified candidates who pass multiple reference checks. If you are interested in a career with us, please apply online using the links below.
We are searching for an outstanding Molecular Biologist to join the AgBiome team. This position requires a person who is enthusiastic and willing to participate in a variety of roles within the company, with a particular emphasis on vectoring for plant transformation and plant analysis. AgBiome is a highly collaborative environment where the ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals across teams is essential. If you are confident you can contribute to the success of the team, please submit a CV as well as a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the relevance of your experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Efficiently design and build custom plant transformation vectors as needed to meet team goals.
- Analyze transformants for transgene insertion and expression level (transcript and protein).
- Collaborate across teams to develop efficient technologies to improve plant transformation and gene expression in plants.
- Recommend alternatives, research, develop and deploy new methods and technologies that can advance plant analysis and expression analysis.
- Duties will primarily involve bench work along with some data analysis and sample tracking.
Required for the job:
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other closely related field.
- 5+ years of productive hands-on vectoring and plant analysis experience within an industry setting preferred.
- A strong background in the concepts and methods of molecular biology and biochemistry with evidence of creative solutions to complicated problems.
- Proven technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, particularly advanced PCR techniques, DNA purification, electrophoresis, bacterial transformations, plasmid preps and cloning.
- Experience in using different software platforms to design and confirm vector constructs.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, organized, and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking, and be willing to explore new methodologies.
- Experience with a variety of expression analysis techniques including western analysis and qRT-PCR.
- Familiarity with protein expression and purification methods.
AgBiome is a revolutionary early stage research and discovery company in Research Triangle Park, NC, committed to decreasing risk and improving yield in agriculture in order to feed our growing world population. Enthusiastic applicants should please submit a cover letter and CV detailing why they would be a good fit for the position and how they could contribute to the AgBiome team. Applications without a cover letter, will not be considered.
The formulation development scientist will work with a team to develop and optimize formulations and formulation manufacturing processes for novel biological pest and disease control products. These products are based on microbes that are identified as having biopesticidal activity by screening our large microbe collection. The formulation scientist will develop processes and materials that will stabilize these microbes so they have commercially-appropriate shelf life and application characteristics, including blending or co-packing with existing chemical or biological products. He or she will develop processes for economical production of these stabilized formulations at lab and pilot plant scale, and will assist with scale-up and production as needed for registration and field trials. Statistical design of experiments, data collection and analysis, and coordination of teams of scientists in-house and with off-site collaborators and toll manufacturers will be required.
An advanced degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or the equivalent is required. Work experience should include 5+ years at the PhD level, or 7+ years at the M.S. level, in an industrial research environment, including exposure to manufacturing processes and economics. Experience with interdisciplinary teams and with presenting complex data to diverse audiences is critical. An intense focus on both productivity and research quality is essential.
We have a unique self-organizing culture, and we are looking for leaders with well-developed skills in the areas of service, initiative, and influence.
- Service: You understand how ‘leadership as service’ models work in the real world, and have a track record of helping those around you succeed. You understand goals and can help those around you align with company priorities. You can help colleagues and teammates connect our long-term vision to our 3-year, 1-year, and immediate objectives.
- Initiative: You have a consistent track record of success in identifying, developing, and executing new business or scientific ideas. You are internally motivated for success, and understand the pitfalls of inaction in an entrepreneurial environment. You have a well-developed and mature sense of risk versus reward in business and/or science.
- Influence: You can thrive in complex environments, and have all the interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills to be a top performer in most situations. You understand the difference between disagreement and conflict, and you can help others find effective resolutions.
We believe that these are critical qualities even in traditional hierarchical organizations. Unlike most such organizations, at AgBiome you cannot hide in the inky shadows of the org chart and expect to be effective based on an arbitrary reporting structure (which we don’t have). We embrace these skills explicitly and work together to improve ourselves.
Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of roles in a small company, a good sense of humor, and a wild enthusiasm for providing cool new products to agriculture are also really necessary.
AgBiome is a revolutionary early stage research and discovery company in Research Triangle Park, NC, committed to decreasing risk and improving yield in agriculture in order to feed our growing world population. Apply via our website at www.agbiome.com, or email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
A willingness to embrace our cultural values will be critical for success in this role. We have a unique self organizing culture, and we are looking for candidates that recognize the importance of the following skills.
- Service: An understanding of what service leadership is and have a track record of helping those around you succeed regardless of your own hierarchical level in a company. You understand goals and can help those around you align with company priorities.
- Initiative: You have a consistent track record of success in identifying, developing, and executing new ideas. You are internally motivated for success, and understand the pitfalls of inaction in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Influence: You can thrive in complex environments, and have all the interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills to be successful in these environments.
We embrace these skills explicitly and work together to improve ourselves. We do not have a traditional hierarchal reporting structure, therefore it is extremely important that each individual actively contributes to making AgBiome a successful company and a tremendously cool place to work.
This position requires work at the bench to develop predictive screening paradigms that will enable us to discover efficacious products to control agricultural nematode infections. We are an innovative company; therefore, flexibility and enthusiasm for learning new roles and displaying innovative thoughts and actions is required.
- Experience developing and performing both in vitro and on plant nematode assays
- Experience performing on plant nematode greenhouse assays, specifically focused on the early detection of nematode infections.
- Experience developing in vitro screening paradigms that contain novel, innovative assays.
- Experience in a research and discovery screening environment, including an understanding of the development of predictive screening paradigms for the discovery of novel nematicides.
- Enjoy working in the lab, optimizing routine assays and providing reliable data.
- Good presentation skills.
- Experience working with collaborators on company projects, presenting relevant data and moving projects forward is required.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biological sciences with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in industry.
AgBiome is a revolutionary early stage research and discovery company in Research Triangle Park, NC, committed to decreasing risk and improving yield in agriculture in order to feed our growing world population. Enthusiastic applicants should please submit a cover letter and CV detailing why they would be a good fit for the position and how they could contribute to the AgBiome team. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Apply via our website at www.agbiome.com , or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.